India key source of mobile user growth: Facebook
Zee Media Burea
New Delhi: Facebook`s popularity seems to be growing everyday and emerging markets like India have been a major source of growth for Facebook. Everyday there has been a increase in the number of users logging onto the site through handsets, driving up its advertising revenues 76 per cent to USD 2.34 billion during the December quarter.
Of this, mobile advertising revenue represented about 53 per cent, growing from around 23 per cent a year-ago.
Facebook said that "In all regions, an increasing number of our Daily Active Users (DAUs) are accessing Facebook through mobile devices, with users in Brazil, US and India representing key sources of mobile growth on average during December 2013 as compared to the same period during 2012".
Also, Monthly Active Users (MAUs) in India stood at 93 million at the end of December 2013, of which 75 million logged in through their mobile phones.
Globally, Facebook - which turns 10 today - reported 1.23 billion MAUs, up 16 per cent year-on-year, and 945 million mobile MAUs, up 39 per cent from the year-ago period.
The California-headquartered firm added that 395 million mobile DAUs accessed Facebook solely through mobile devices or its mobile website on average during the month ended December 31, 2013, increasing 65 per cent from 240 million during the same month in 2012.
Facebook said DAUs from India stood at 41 million in the December quarter of 2013, while mobile DAUs stood at 31 million.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'