India world`s third largest `spam spewing nation`
Washington: India has been placed third on the list of the countries distributing spam across the world, a report has said.
According to statistics from SophosLabs, the US distributes the lion`s share of the world`s spam, with 18.3 percent of junk email send.
China took the second spot and India the third, with 8.2 percent and 4.2 percent of the world`s spam, Fox News reports.
Other high-ranking countries included Peru, France, South Korea, and Italy, the report said.
The report pointed out that although the U.S. distributes a record-breaking percentage of emails, these messages do not necessarily originate in America.
Many spam originators still hole up overseas and compromise user PCs in the States to do their dirty work, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?