India world`s third largest `spam spewing nation`
Washington: India has been placed third on the list of the countries distributing spam across the world, a report has said.
According to statistics from SophosLabs, the US distributes the lion`s share of the world`s spam, with 18.3 percent of junk email send.
China took the second spot and India the third, with 8.2 percent and 4.2 percent of the world`s spam, Fox News reports.
Other high-ranking countries included Peru, France, South Korea, and Italy, the report said.
The report pointed out that although the U.S. distributes a record-breaking percentage of emails, these messages do not necessarily originate in America.
Many spam originators still hole up overseas and compromise user PCs in the States to do their dirty work, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai