Indian cyberspace hit by Kim Jong-il spam
New Delhi: Indian computer security analysts have detected and alerted internet users against "malicious spam mails" in the name of the dead North Korean leader Kim Jong-II leading to hacking and crashing of vulnerable e-mails.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), country`s national agency to respond to computer security incidents, has found the malware virus streaming into the
"It has been observed that a spam campaign in the pretext of death of North Korean leader "Kim Jong II" is making rounds for malware propagation. The malicious spam mails carry a fake name-- "brief_introduction_of_kim_jong_Ill_pdf.pdf".
"The said pdf file is exploiting vulnerabilities in Adobe reader and Acrobat, that once successfully exploited leads to remote code execution in the victim system," the CERT-In said in its latest advisory to computer and internet users in the country.
"The malware has been detected more than ten days after the death of the North Korean leader and it lures the internet user to fall into trap of reading his life and style of
living. The spam generators are being detected," a senior internet investigator told PTI.
The CERT-In has asked all government and other Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to avoid clicking on the link as it may lead to loss of valuable secret data including threat to
personal financial details.
The North Korean leader died of a heart attack on December 17 at the age of 69 while travelling by train outside Pyongyang, the country`s capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you