Indian cyberspace hit by Kim Jong-il spam
New Delhi: Indian computer security analysts have detected and alerted internet users against "malicious spam mails" in the name of the dead North Korean leader Kim Jong-II leading to hacking and crashing of vulnerable e-mails.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), country`s national agency to respond to computer security incidents, has found the malware virus streaming into the
"It has been observed that a spam campaign in the pretext of death of North Korean leader "Kim Jong II" is making rounds for malware propagation. The malicious spam mails carry a fake name-- "brief_introduction_of_kim_jong_Ill_pdf.pdf".
"The said pdf file is exploiting vulnerabilities in Adobe reader and Acrobat, that once successfully exploited leads to remote code execution in the victim system," the CERT-In said in its latest advisory to computer and internet users in the country.
"The malware has been detected more than ten days after the death of the North Korean leader and it lures the internet user to fall into trap of reading his life and style of
living. The spam generators are being detected," a senior internet investigator told PTI.
The CERT-In has asked all government and other Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to avoid clicking on the link as it may lead to loss of valuable secret data including threat to
personal financial details.
The North Korean leader died of a heart attack on December 17 at the age of 69 while travelling by train outside Pyongyang, the country`s capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand