Indian cyberspace hit by Kim Jong-il spam
New Delhi: Indian computer security analysts have detected and alerted internet users against "malicious spam mails" in the name of the dead North Korean leader Kim Jong-II leading to hacking and crashing of vulnerable e-mails.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), country`s national agency to respond to computer security incidents, has found the malware virus streaming into the
"It has been observed that a spam campaign in the pretext of death of North Korean leader "Kim Jong II" is making rounds for malware propagation. The malicious spam mails carry a fake name-- "brief_introduction_of_kim_jong_Ill_pdf.pdf".
"The said pdf file is exploiting vulnerabilities in Adobe reader and Acrobat, that once successfully exploited leads to remote code execution in the victim system," the CERT-In said in its latest advisory to computer and internet users in the country.
"The malware has been detected more than ten days after the death of the North Korean leader and it lures the internet user to fall into trap of reading his life and style of
living. The spam generators are being detected," a senior internet investigator told PTI.
The CERT-In has asked all government and other Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to avoid clicking on the link as it may lead to loss of valuable secret data including threat to
personal financial details.
The North Korean leader died of a heart attack on December 17 at the age of 69 while travelling by train outside Pyongyang, the country`s capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister