Indian Government launches anti-ragging portal
New Delhi: Union Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal Thursday launched an anti-ragging website `www.antiragging.in` to help students of various universities, colleges and professional institutes to lodge online complaints against ragging or harassment and seek faster response.
The UGC-managed portal has been created by the Aman Satya Kachroo Trust in active collaboration with Rajendra Kachroo, father of Aman who was ragged to death by four of his seniors in a medical college in Himachal Pradesh in 2009.
"The Supreme Court gave order in 2009 that we should create an anti-ragging portal. Ragging is a crime which destroys a student`s confidence and even forces them to commit suicide," Sibal said after launching the portal.
Students can also register their complaint by dialling 18001805522 as part of the facility, which will be followed up in a structured software system. "The complaints would be examined. If they are of serious magnitude, they would be transferred immediately to the police, the magistrate and head of the institution," said UGC acting chairman Ved Prakash.
Meanwhile, Kachroo expressed confidence that the new portal will ensure a response to the complaints lodged by students within half an hour.
"We will respond to the complaints in half an hour. The college principals and authorities will be contacted immediately. If they are not reachable or do not respond appropriately, the local police will be contacted," Kachroo said.
"There are nearly 40,000 colleges across the country... we will create a database of all colleges," he said.
"The web portal is a medium of managing complaints, follow up of complaints and escalation of unresolved complaints to regulatory authorities, enhanced communication with colleges and universities, developing database, displaying status of complaints etc," said the HRD Ministry statement.
"All our communication, talks and discussions would be posted on the web so that the victim has complete access to what has happened since lodging the compliant," Kachroo said, whose trust - Aman Satya Kachroo Trust - will manage the 24X7 facility.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered