Indian online population now 3rd largest in world
Islamabad: India`s online population has been reportedly ranked third largest in the world after China and the US.
American Internet Analytics Company, comScore Inc. in its 2013 India Digital Future in Focus report stated that India`s 73.9 million home and work Internet users place it on the third spot globally.
According to Dawn, India has the youngest skewing online population among BRIC countries with 75 percent of its total Internet users under the age of 35.
The report stated that women between 35-44 years of age are the heaviest Internet users in the Indian market.
The Indian blogging audience saw a growth of 48 percent in the past year to 36 million visitors while 54 million Internet users in India watched online videos on the computer, representing a 27 percent increase over the past year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued