Indian online population now 3rd largest in world
Islamabad: India`s online population has been reportedly ranked third largest in the world after China and the US.
American Internet Analytics Company, comScore Inc. in its 2013 India Digital Future in Focus report stated that India`s 73.9 million home and work Internet users place it on the third spot globally.
According to Dawn, India has the youngest skewing online population among BRIC countries with 75 percent of its total Internet users under the age of 35.
The report stated that women between 35-44 years of age are the heaviest Internet users in the Indian market.
The Indian blogging audience saw a growth of 48 percent in the past year to 36 million visitors while 54 million Internet users in India watched online videos on the computer, representing a 27 percent increase over the past year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’