Indian online population now 3rd largest in world
Islamabad: India`s online population has been reportedly ranked third largest in the world after China and the US.
American Internet Analytics Company, comScore Inc. in its 2013 India Digital Future in Focus report stated that India`s 73.9 million home and work Internet users place it on the third spot globally.
According to Dawn, India has the youngest skewing online population among BRIC countries with 75 percent of its total Internet users under the age of 35.
The report stated that women between 35-44 years of age are the heaviest Internet users in the Indian market.
The Indian blogging audience saw a growth of 48 percent in the past year to 36 million visitors while 54 million Internet users in India watched online videos on the computer, representing a 27 percent increase over the past year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan