Indian youth find Twitter `complex` to use: Survey
New Delhi: The socially-active Indian youth stays hooked onto Facebook for hours, but its Twitter`s "complexity" that has hampered popularity of the microblogging site, a study by India`s largest software services firm TCS today said.
According to Tata Consultancy Services` (TCS) GenY 2013-14 report, Facebook emerged as the most popular with 86 per cent respondents saying they have an account and 76 per cent stating that it was their most `preferred` social networking portal.
On the other hand, 23 per cent respondents said they have a Twitter account but only 2.7 per cent said the microblogging site was their most preferred social networking medium, TCS said in a statement.
"Twitter is complex, therefore not popular," it added.
Facebook also saw high levels of engagement with 22 per cent respondents saying they posted on Facebook everyday, while another 53 per cent said they have more than 120 friends on the world`s largest social networking site.
Interestingly, 87 per cent respondents said social media has made them aware of current affairs.
"Tomorrow`s professionals will be socially active, highly adaptable to new technologies and extremely aware of the world around them.
"Our annual survey of high-school students shows that urban teenagers are adopting new social platforms quickly, using them in multiple ways and leading the way in driving change," TCS EVP and Global Head HR Ajoy Mukherjee said.
These inputs help TCS as an organisation plan appropriate ways to engage with tomorrow`s professionals and create fulfilling careers, he added.
The study, conducted between July to December 2013, was metros and 10 Indian cities including Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Indore and Kochi. It was conducted across a total base of 18,196 high school students of the 12-18 age group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?