Indians watch over 3.7 bn videos online a month: Report
New Delhi: Helped by rising number of people viewing videos on Internet, India`s online video consumption has doubled to 3.71 billion videos per month in the past two years, a report by global digital research firm comScore said.
Online video consumption in India stood at 1.86 billion per month as on March 2011. As per the firm`s Video Metrix report, total online video audience in India grew by 69 per cent to 54.02 million viewers in March 2013 compared to 31.94 million viewers in March 2011.
India currently has over 137 million Internet users.
"Total online video consumption has doubled in the past two years to 3.7 billion videos per month. This dramatic growth has been driven by a sizable increase in the number of online video viewers, in addition to increasing consumption per viewer," comScore said.
Google web sites, driven primarily by viewing at YouTube, ranked as the top online video property in March this year with 31.5 million unique viewers, followed by Facebook (18.6 million) and Yahoo sites (8.2 million), it added.
Video ad platforms VDOPIA (6.4 million viewers) and TubeMogul (5.5 million viewers) rounded out the top five, highlighting that these platforms can deliver reach similar to that of the top video content networks, comScore said.
"The rapid online video growth we`re witnessing in India represents a significant opportunity for both marketers and media companies in India," comScore India Senior Director Kedar Gavane said.
Even in the mature markets of the US, online video has become one of the hottest sectors of because of the value marketers place on video ad inventory, he added.
"As the Indian online video market begins to realise the value of its existing inventory while continuing its growth in viewers and consumption time, there will be substantial upside for the key players in this market," Gavane added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt