Instagram attracts more mobile users than Twitter for first time
London: Photo-sharing social network Instagram has attracted more mobile visitors than the popular micro blogging site Twitter for the first time since it was founded, says a report.
Internet analytics company ComScore revealed that across mobile phones in the US during August, Instagram received an average of 7.3 million daily visitors.
During the same period Twitter attracted 6.9 million users, the report said.
According to The Telegraph, the report said users also spent more time on the photo-sharing site than those who visited Twitter.
Instagram visitors spent an average of 257 minutes on the site via mobile phones in August, while those logging on to Twitter spent an average of 170 minutes viewing the site, it said.
According to the paper, this is the first time that Instagram, which was only developed two years ago, has pulled ahead of rival Twitter, which has over 500 million users worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test