Instagram launches photo tagging feature
New York: Instagram has launched a new feature that allows users to add names to their photographs, just like Facebook.
Instagram announced the change on its blog on Thursday, writing, "photos are memories of the people, places and moments that mean the most to us."
The company posted that they have always sought to give users simple and expressive ways to bring their stories behind their images to life.
The tech firm said that users’ captions and hashtags capture the "what?" and their Photo Map answers the "where?" but until now they were never quite able to answer the "who?"
The new feature also includes a new "Photos of You" section, the New York Daily News reported.
The feature is available for Instagrammers to check out, but won`t be visible to everyone else until May 16.
As with Facebook, Instagram users can also change settings so that they have to approve an image before it`s tagged.
Facebook bought Instagram for 1 billion dollars last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30