Instagram launches photo tagging feature
New York: Instagram has launched a new feature that allows users to add names to their photographs, just like Facebook.
Instagram announced the change on its blog on Thursday, writing, "photos are memories of the people, places and moments that mean the most to us."
The company posted that they have always sought to give users simple and expressive ways to bring their stories behind their images to life.
The tech firm said that users’ captions and hashtags capture the "what?" and their Photo Map answers the "where?" but until now they were never quite able to answer the "who?"
The new feature also includes a new "Photos of You" section, the New York Daily News reported.
The feature is available for Instagrammers to check out, but won`t be visible to everyone else until May 16.
As with Facebook, Instagram users can also change settings so that they have to approve an image before it`s tagged.
Facebook bought Instagram for 1 billion dollars last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH