Instagram photo-ads to have sponsored labels on them
Washington: In a sample photo-ad, Instagram has revealed that ads on the photo-sharing site would appear to be a blend of high-quality images in the feed with a small sponsored logo above them.
Instagram has released the sample photo to run on the network itself to give US users a feel for how it will look.
According to ABC News, every photo ad will have the sponsored label, tapping on which, details about the advertisement can be found and users can also hide the ad and explain why they don`t like it, just like they can on the Facebook platform.
Instagram said that reviewing ads would help users to have better ads in the future.
The report said that the site only be working with a select number of companies, including Ben and Jerry`s, Burberry, General Electric, Levi`s, and Lexus.
An industry analyst said that Instagram appears hyper cautious with introducing ads to its site as they are selective on the companies based on the quality of their Instagram feeds.
Facebook -acquired Instagram boasts of 150 million active users, has emphasized that users` photos or videos will not appear in ads, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar