Instagram photo-ads to have sponsored labels on them
Washington: In a sample photo-ad, Instagram has revealed that ads on the photo-sharing site would appear to be a blend of high-quality images in the feed with a small sponsored logo above them.
Instagram has released the sample photo to run on the network itself to give US users a feel for how it will look.
According to ABC News, every photo ad will have the sponsored label, tapping on which, details about the advertisement can be found and users can also hide the ad and explain why they don`t like it, just like they can on the Facebook platform.
Instagram said that reviewing ads would help users to have better ads in the future.
The report said that the site only be working with a select number of companies, including Ben and Jerry`s, Burberry, General Electric, Levi`s, and Lexus.
An industry analyst said that Instagram appears hyper cautious with introducing ads to its site as they are selective on the companies based on the quality of their Instagram feeds.
Facebook -acquired Instagram boasts of 150 million active users, has emphasized that users` photos or videos will not appear in ads, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- President Pranab Mukherjee appoints Kiran Bedi as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
- Borrowing immune cells can help fight cancer
- Nearly half of all heart attacks may be 'silent'
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....