Instagram shows steady growth with nearly 200 mn active users
Washington: Photo-sharing network Instagram has hit 200 million users, showing a steady growth.
According to a website, the Facebook-owned company said its users have shared more than 20 billion photos to date.
Six months ago, Instagram had 150 million users, and a little more than a year ago the number was at 100 million.
The company released its new numbers just after news surfaced that it was starting to distance itself from Foursquare, the service it was using to help users indicate where they were located when taking a photo, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured