Instagram shuts diet tea`s page after reports of health horrors
Melbourne: Social media site Instagram has shut the web page of an extreme dieting tea on its site, after health and medical experts warned that it could cause unrealistic and unhealthy weight loss.
Users of SkinnyMe tea reported serious side effects, with one customer getting hospitalised, the Age reported.
The online company is from Australia and was formed last year.
The firm has describes itself as a 100 percent natural health supplements company and promotes their products through social media, using before and after, images.
Its colon cleanse product, which raised the most concern among experts, contains the laxative senna .
SkinnyMe tea is not present on the Australian register of therapeutic goods and is yet to be assessed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing