Instagram shuts diet tea`s page after reports of health horrors
Melbourne: Social media site Instagram has shut the web page of an extreme dieting tea on its site, after health and medical experts warned that it could cause unrealistic and unhealthy weight loss.
Users of SkinnyMe tea reported serious side effects, with one customer getting hospitalised, the Age reported.
The online company is from Australia and was formed last year.
The firm has describes itself as a 100 percent natural health supplements company and promotes their products through social media, using before and after, images.
Its colon cleanse product, which raised the most concern among experts, contains the laxative senna .
SkinnyMe tea is not present on the Australian register of therapeutic goods and is yet to be assessed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!