Internet Explorer users are dumb: Study
Washington: Do you use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer to browse the web? If yes, your IQ level is likely to be lower than those who use Chrome and Firefox, a new study has shown.
A company called AptiQuant, a self-proclaimed “world leader in the field of online psychometric testing,” tested the IQs of users and grouped the results according to which browser respondents used.
The study found that users of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera were all slightly above average in IQ test results, but Microsoft Internet Explorer users tended to be lower on the IQ scale, reports Fox News.
The data breakdown between multiple versions of Internet Explorer further supports this theory. The users of the oldest versions of Internet Explorer, such as IE6 and IE7, scored lower than users of more recent versions, such as IE8 or IE9.
Opera users averaged the highest IQ scores of all the browsers. Firefox, Chrome and Safari scores were relatively similar to each other, but lower than that of Opera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh