Internet might not necessarily help you save more: Study
Washington: Despite providing a fast and easy way of comparing products and purchase them, Internet might not be necessarily helping consumers save the extra dollar, a new survey has revealed.
The survey conducted for MoneyRates.com by Op4G suggests that the Internet may actually be a mixed blessing for consumers who want to save money this holiday season.
According to Fox News, the poll surveyed 2,000 US adults and found that 23 percent now do their holiday shopping primarily online and 31 percent do it primarily in person, while 46 percent split holiday shopping evenly between the Internet and in-person shopping.
The survey revealed that 50 percent of respondents said that they were more likely to buy something on impulse when they shop in person, compared to 17 percent who said they are more likely to make an impulse purchase online.
It was found that people who shop primarily online expect to spend an average of 487.04 dollars this holiday season, compared with the average of 436.53 dollars that people who shop primarily in person expect to spend.
According to the findings, online shoppers spend more time buying, an average of 5.84 hours, than traditional shoppers, average 5.24 hours, who shop in person.
It was also found that savings accounts at online banks pay roughly three times the average interest rate of savings accounts at branch-based institutions, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day