Internet traffic plunges 40% following Google black-out
London: Worldwide Internet traffic plunged by around 40 percent as Google services suffered a complete black-out last night.
The web giant said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes.
The reason for the outage is not yet known, and Google refused to provide any further information.
According to web analytics firm GoSquared, global internet traffic fell by around 40 percent during the black-out, showing Google`s massive grip on the web, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi