Internet traffic plunges 40% following Google black-out
London: Worldwide Internet traffic plunged by around 40 percent as Google services suffered a complete black-out last night.
The web giant said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes.
The reason for the outage is not yet known, and Google refused to provide any further information.
According to web analytics firm GoSquared, global internet traffic fell by around 40 percent during the black-out, showing Google`s massive grip on the web, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi