Internet traffic plunges 40% following Google black-out
London: Worldwide Internet traffic plunged by around 40 percent as Google services suffered a complete black-out last night.
The web giant said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes.
The reason for the outage is not yet known, and Google refused to provide any further information.
According to web analytics firm GoSquared, global internet traffic fell by around 40 percent during the black-out, showing Google`s massive grip on the web, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters