Internet traffic plunges 40% following Google black-out
London: Worldwide Internet traffic plunged by around 40 percent as Google services suffered a complete black-out last night.
The web giant said all of its services from Google Search to Gmail to YouTube to Google Drive went down for between one and five minutes.
The reason for the outage is not yet known, and Google refused to provide any further information.
According to web analytics firm GoSquared, global internet traffic fell by around 40 percent during the black-out, showing Google`s massive grip on the web, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India