Internet`s `most hated man` arrested after attempting to access email accounts without consent
Sydney: The most hated man on the web, credited for running a website that encouraged distressed lovers to seek revenge on their ex-partners by posting their nude pictures, has been reportedly arrested after he attempted to bypass computers and email accounts without permission.
Hunter Moore, founder of the now defunct website IsAnyoneUp, had sparked debate across the web for defending his revenge porn site.
According to news.com.au, Moore, along with a man named Charles `Gary` Evens, 25, has been charged for conspiring to access a protected computer without authorisation to obtain information for private financial gain and other counts.
A federal grand jury has also claimed that Moore allegedly paid Evans to hack into email accounts to steal photos to upload to the site on multiple occasions.
The report said that Moore`s website encouraged visitors to submit nude pictures of their ex-partners, along with reasons why they deserved to be featured on the site and he would then publish their full names, location and other details related to their social networks.
The site attracted more than 300,000 hits a day and earned Moore about 20,000 dollars a month.
The report said that the two alleged men are due back before the courts next week, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP