Interpol, CBI to team up in fighting cyber crime
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) would be collaborating with Interpol to fight telecom and cyber crimes, the heads of the two organisations said Friday.
Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble and CBI director A.P. Singh in a joint press conference announced that the two bodies were working on establishing institutional mechanism for tackling telecom and cyber crimes.
"This will involve partnership between the CBI, research and academic bodies, private sector and Interpol," Singh said.
The CBI chief said that during Noble`s discussion with CBI officials, "we have broadly agreed that a CBI-Interpol Research and Innovation Centre for Prevention of Telecommunication Crime would be established in India".
The proposed centre would also invite participation of telecommunication crime investigators, researchers and experts from other Interpol member countries, he said.
Noble said that such type of collaboration was needed because the "problem is that most countries don`t have means" to analyse data and telecom devices that are increasing exponentially in numbers.
"This partnership would help bring to the table problems, solutions, best practices from all around the world," he said.
Singh said the initiative would make the CBI a global hub for research and innovation to effectively tackle telecom cyber crime.
He said the present procedure to get information and evidence with regard to IP addresses and subscribers details from different jurisdictions was cumbersome, wherein most of the countries insist on sending a formal Letter Rogatory under Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties.
"This often leads to loss of evidence. It was agreed that we need a mechanism, whereby IT (Information Technology) intermediaries across the globe can be linked to a single interface for law enforcement agencies. It was agreed that Interpol is the agency best equipped to execute this project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'