`iPavement` brings Wi-Fi under your feet
Washington: A Spanish tech company has come up with sidewalk paving stones, dubbed iPavement, that are Wi-Fi hotspots.
The avant-garde innovation could allow wireless internet access to people as they are walking down the street.
The stones are wired to 1,000-watt cables and contain a 5GB microprocessor that will connect with devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to provide coverage, the Discovery News reported.
iPavement will also offer cloud-based apps that provide info on local area maps, recommendations for local shopping or dining as well as coupons. Building on the local amenities, the apps will also alert users when there are road hazards or sidewalk obstructions along the way.
It’s suggested that iPavement stones be installed no more than 66 feet apart to ensure seamless coverage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested