Iran temporarily blocks Instagram
Washington: For approximately 12 hours, Iran had blocked Instagram in the country.
Instagram became the latest victim of Iran`s Internet censorship system commonly known as the `Filternet`.
According to Mashable, the popular photo-sharing network appeared to be the latest casualty of Iran`s most recent online clampdown, despite promises of more Internet freedom by the new government of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
Then just a few hours later, the site was unblocked, and Iranian officials denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters