Iran temporarily blocks Instagram
Washington: For approximately 12 hours, Iran had blocked Instagram in the country.
Instagram became the latest victim of Iran`s Internet censorship system commonly known as the `Filternet`.
According to Mashable, the popular photo-sharing network appeared to be the latest casualty of Iran`s most recent online clampdown, despite promises of more Internet freedom by the new government of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
Then just a few hours later, the site was unblocked, and Iranian officials denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?