Iran temporarily blocks Instagram
Washington: For approximately 12 hours, Iran had blocked Instagram in the country.
Instagram became the latest victim of Iran`s Internet censorship system commonly known as the `Filternet`.
According to Mashable, the popular photo-sharing network appeared to be the latest casualty of Iran`s most recent online clampdown, despite promises of more Internet freedom by the new government of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
Then just a few hours later, the site was unblocked, and Iranian officials denied any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi