Is social network Pheed the next big thing?
Sydney: A new less-known social network, Pheed, has become the most downloaded free app in the App Store.
In fact, Pheed is the number one most downloaded free app under the social networking category, outranking both Facebook and Twitter.
It is a social network that works much the same way as Facebook or Instagram, News.com.au reports.
A user needs to sign up, either with an email address or a Facebook or Twitter login.
In this app, you follow people and people follow you back, and you can comment on people`s posts and they can comment on yours.
Pheed lets you post audio files as well as videos up to four hours in length, a feature that its competitors lack.
A user can upload pictures of any size, the report said.
In Pheed users can charge followers from 1.99 dollars up to 34.99 dollars a month to view their feed.
The network also lets users watermark their content as a preventative measure against plagiarism or theft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth