Is social network Pheed the next big thing?
Sydney: A new less-known social network, Pheed, has become the most downloaded free app in the App Store.
In fact, Pheed is the number one most downloaded free app under the social networking category, outranking both Facebook and Twitter.
It is a social network that works much the same way as Facebook or Instagram, News.com.au reports.
A user needs to sign up, either with an email address or a Facebook or Twitter login.
In this app, you follow people and people follow you back, and you can comment on people`s posts and they can comment on yours.
Pheed lets you post audio files as well as videos up to four hours in length, a feature that its competitors lack.
A user can upload pictures of any size, the report said.
In Pheed users can charge followers from 1.99 dollars up to 34.99 dollars a month to view their feed.
The network also lets users watermark their content as a preventative measure against plagiarism or theft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof