Israeli defence computer hacked via malicious email
London: Israeli defence computers were hacked via a malicious email attachment, a computer security firm has revealed.
The email looked as if it had been sent by Israel`s Shin Bet secret service tricking several people into opening it, Seculert said.
According to a news website, hackers temporarily got control of 15 computers that are part of Israel`s defence forces following the attack.
Pro-Palestinian hackers are believed to be behind the attack.
Details about the attack were revealed by Aviv Raff, chief technology officer at Israeli firm Seculert, which helped to clean up after attack.
Raff said Palestinian involvement could be possible because of the attack`s similarity to another incident that took place in 2012, which too involved booby-trapped messages sent to Israeli government staff.
Raff said that the messages written in both the emails were written and formatted in a very similar style.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan