Israeli defence computer hacked via malicious email
London: Israeli defence computers were hacked via a malicious email attachment, a computer security firm has revealed.
The email looked as if it had been sent by Israel`s Shin Bet secret service tricking several people into opening it, Seculert said.
According to a news website, hackers temporarily got control of 15 computers that are part of Israel`s defence forces following the attack.
Pro-Palestinian hackers are believed to be behind the attack.
Details about the attack were revealed by Aviv Raff, chief technology officer at Israeli firm Seculert, which helped to clean up after attack.
Raff said Palestinian involvement could be possible because of the attack`s similarity to another incident that took place in 2012, which too involved booby-trapped messages sent to Israeli government staff.
Raff said that the messages written in both the emails were written and formatted in a very similar style.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?