Israeli defence computer hacked via malicious email
London: Israeli defence computers were hacked via a malicious email attachment, a computer security firm has revealed.
The email looked as if it had been sent by Israel`s Shin Bet secret service tricking several people into opening it, Seculert said.
According to a news website, hackers temporarily got control of 15 computers that are part of Israel`s defence forces following the attack.
Pro-Palestinian hackers are believed to be behind the attack.
Details about the attack were revealed by Aviv Raff, chief technology officer at Israeli firm Seculert, which helped to clean up after attack.
Raff said Palestinian involvement could be possible because of the attack`s similarity to another incident that took place in 2012, which too involved booby-trapped messages sent to Israeli government staff.
Raff said that the messages written in both the emails were written and formatted in a very similar style.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!