ISRO enhances social media presence
Bangalore: After receiving an overwhelming response to its social media campaign on Facebook for the Mars Orbiter Mission, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Thursday said it has enhanced its social media presence.
"It is evident that social media platforms offer an unprecedented opportunity of connecting to each and every individual in the country," the ISRO said.
"It is deemed prudent to extend the scope of this experimental social media campaign to entire space programme and enhance the public outreach of the ISRO," it said.
The ISRO said it has initiated social media pages on Facebook and Twitter to "create awareness on the objectives, mission milestones and accomplishments of the ISRO`s key programmes and initiatives; provide mission updates in near real time; and maximise ISRO`s outreach through these social media platforms."
An experimental social media campaign on Facebook for ISRO`s Mars Orbiter Mission was initiated in October 2013 to create general awareness regarding the objectives, mission milestones and the accomplishments.
The page was widely acclaimed as it garnered approximately three lakh following in its two months of existence, ISRO stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM