Judge nixes Facebook groups by class-cutting kids
Buenos Aires: A judge in Argentina has ordered Facebook to close all groups set up by minors, after thousands of middle-schoolers used the social media website to organize an unauthorized day off school, according to a court source.
A ruling by judge Alfredo Dantiacq Sanchez in the western province of Mendoza ordered "the immediate closure of groups created or to be created by minors" which "promote truancy without the permission of their parents or the school system."
About 11,000 middle school students heeded a call posted on Facebook to cut classes and get together in a town square.
The event was so popular it spawned copycat class-cutters also using Facebook to launch their own events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion