Judge nixes Facebook groups by class-cutting kids
Buenos Aires: A judge in Argentina has ordered Facebook to close all groups set up by minors, after thousands of middle-schoolers used the social media website to organize an unauthorized day off school, according to a court source.
A ruling by judge Alfredo Dantiacq Sanchez in the western province of Mendoza ordered "the immediate closure of groups created or to be created by minors" which "promote truancy without the permission of their parents or the school system."
About 11,000 middle school students heeded a call posted on Facebook to cut classes and get together in a town square.
The event was so popular it spawned copycat class-cutters also using Facebook to launch their own events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra