Judge nixes Facebook groups by class-cutting kids
Buenos Aires: A judge in Argentina has ordered Facebook to close all groups set up by minors, after thousands of middle-schoolers used the social media website to organize an unauthorized day off school, according to a court source.
A ruling by judge Alfredo Dantiacq Sanchez in the western province of Mendoza ordered "the immediate closure of groups created or to be created by minors" which "promote truancy without the permission of their parents or the school system."
About 11,000 middle school students heeded a call posted on Facebook to cut classes and get together in a town square.
The event was so popular it spawned copycat class-cutters also using Facebook to launch their own events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman