`Kannada Wikipedia` launched
Bangalore: People who know Kannada will now have the option to surf for information in the language on the internet with the Karnataka government launching the "Kannada Wikipaedia" on Saturday.
Karnataka is the first state in the country to launch the
Kannada Wikipaedia and the site has scope for loading at least
1.30 crore articles on various issues, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa said after inaugurating it at a function here.
Kannada language is a treasure of information which could
be used for knowledge enrichment and provide information to
people, he said.
Former ISRO Chairman and Chairman of Karnataka Knowledge
Commission Dr K Kasturirangan outlined the efforts made to
launch the Wikipaedia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested