`Kannada Wikipedia` launched
Bangalore: People who know Kannada will now have the option to surf for information in the language on the internet with the Karnataka government launching the "Kannada Wikipaedia" on Saturday.
Karnataka is the first state in the country to launch the
Kannada Wikipaedia and the site has scope for loading at least
1.30 crore articles on various issues, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa said after inaugurating it at a function here.
Kannada language is a treasure of information which could
be used for knowledge enrichment and provide information to
people, he said.
Former ISRO Chairman and Chairman of Karnataka Knowledge
Commission Dr K Kasturirangan outlined the efforts made to
launch the Wikipaedia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister