`Kannada Wikipedia` launched
Bangalore: People who know Kannada will now have the option to surf for information in the language on the internet with the Karnataka government launching the "Kannada Wikipaedia" on Saturday.
Karnataka is the first state in the country to launch the
Kannada Wikipaedia and the site has scope for loading at least
1.30 crore articles on various issues, Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa said after inaugurating it at a function here.
Kannada language is a treasure of information which could
be used for knowledge enrichment and provide information to
people, he said.
Former ISRO Chairman and Chairman of Karnataka Knowledge
Commission Dr K Kasturirangan outlined the efforts made to
launch the Wikipaedia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!