Kaspersky rated best in malware removal tests
Washington: Kaspersky Lab has reportedly topped the list of antimalware programs that are best at removing the bug from an already infected system.
Analyst firm A-V Comparative that revealed the November 2013 rankings said that the intent was not to review detection rates but how fast the software packages clean the malware already identified.
According to PC World, the firm stated that a high protection or detection rate of an anti-virus software does not necessarily meant that the product has good removal abilities, while on the other hand, a product with a low detection rate may not even find the infection and be able to remove it.
The top three-star rating was given to Kaspersky Lab, Bitdefender, Avira, FortiNet, ESET, Avast, and Pandam, listed in order of their performance, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown