‘King Tutankhamun’ back with Google Doodle
Mountain View, California: After the much appreciated Doodle honouring zip inventor Gideon Sundback, Google is now celebrating the 138th birthday of famous English archaeologist and Egyptologist Howard Carter.
Carter, who gained fame as the discoverer of “Tomb of Tutankhamun”, was honoured by Google by a portrayal of the Tomb of Tutankhamen” at the centre of its homepage.
The boy king ‘Tutankhamun’ is undoubtedly the most famous of Egyptian pharaohs. He died in his teens and remained a mystery for over 3300 years until Carter and George Herbert discovered his tomb in the ‘Valley of the Kings’ in 1922.
Tutankhamun`s mummy still rests in his tomb and is on display since the last four years.
Howard Carter was born in London, England on May 09, 1874. His father, Samuel Carter was a skilled artist and trained his son to follow in his footsteps
After the discovery of “Tomb of Tutankhamun”, Carter gained fame as an expert on Egypt and its treasures. Many films have also been made on the life and adventures of Howard Carter.
He died in London on March 2, 1939, at the age of 64 of cancer and lies in rest at the Putney
Vale Cemetery in London.
On his gravestone is written: “May your spirit live, May you spend millions of years, you who love Thebes, Sitting with your face to the north wind, your eyes beholding happiness “and “O night, spread thy wings over me as the imperishable stars”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened