Kremlin website blocked in Turkmenistan
Moscow: The Russian presidential website www.kremlin.ru has been inaccessible in Turkmenistan for the past two days.
A source in the Central Asian republic`s telecom ministry told RIA Novosti the causes for the failure were yet to be identified, adding that there were no apparent political reasons for blocking the Russian president`s official site in the country.
It can only be a technical problem, he said.
First reports that the Kremlin website was unavailable in Turkmenistan came Wednesday, as Ashgabat was hosting a summit of the Commonwealth of Independent States, a loose association of post-Soviet nations.
The problem was spotted by reporters who had arrived to cover the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed