Kremlin website blocked in Turkmenistan
Moscow: The Russian presidential website www.kremlin.ru has been inaccessible in Turkmenistan for the past two days.
A source in the Central Asian republic`s telecom ministry told RIA Novosti the causes for the failure were yet to be identified, adding that there were no apparent political reasons for blocking the Russian president`s official site in the country.
It can only be a technical problem, he said.
First reports that the Kremlin website was unavailable in Turkmenistan came Wednesday, as Ashgabat was hosting a summit of the Commonwealth of Independent States, a loose association of post-Soviet nations.
The problem was spotted by reporters who had arrived to cover the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam