Kremlin website blocked in Turkmenistan
Moscow: The Russian presidential website www.kremlin.ru has been inaccessible in Turkmenistan for the past two days.
A source in the Central Asian republic`s telecom ministry told RIA Novosti the causes for the failure were yet to be identified, adding that there were no apparent political reasons for blocking the Russian president`s official site in the country.
It can only be a technical problem, he said.
First reports that the Kremlin website was unavailable in Turkmenistan came Wednesday, as Ashgabat was hosting a summit of the Commonwealth of Independent States, a loose association of post-Soviet nations.
The problem was spotted by reporters who had arrived to cover the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!