Labour Day: Google gives Doodle salute to workers
Zee Media Bureau
Mountain View, California: Rated among the world’s best employers, search giant Google on Wednesday saluted workers` spirit by dedicating a Doodle on its homepage to mark International Workers` Day - celebrated every year on May 01.
There is also a helicopter hovering above the second `G` and a satellite dish, indicative of modern-day communication, perched on the `E`.
International Workers’ Day (also known as May Day) is a celebration of the international labour movement. May 1 is a national holiday in more than 80 countries and also celebrated unofficially in many other countries.
In Australia, Labour Day or Workers Day is celebrated in the first Monday in October and in Canada in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II