Labour Day: Google gives Doodle salute to workers
Zee Media Bureau
Mountain View, California: Rated among the world’s best employers, search giant Google on Wednesday saluted workers` spirit by dedicating a Doodle on its homepage to mark International Workers` Day - celebrated every year on May 01.
There is also a helicopter hovering above the second `G` and a satellite dish, indicative of modern-day communication, perched on the `E`.
International Workers’ Day (also known as May Day) is a celebration of the international labour movement. May 1 is a national holiday in more than 80 countries and also celebrated unofficially in many other countries.
In Australia, Labour Day or Workers Day is celebrated in the first Monday in October and in Canada in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan