Labour Day: Google gives Doodle salute to workers
Zee Media Bureau
Mountain View, California: Rated among the world’s best employers, search giant Google on Wednesday saluted workers` spirit by dedicating a Doodle on its homepage to mark International Workers` Day - celebrated every year on May 01.
There is also a helicopter hovering above the second `G` and a satellite dish, indicative of modern-day communication, perched on the `E`.
International Workers’ Day (also known as May Day) is a celebration of the international labour movement. May 1 is a national holiday in more than 80 countries and also celebrated unofficially in many other countries.
In Australia, Labour Day or Workers Day is celebrated in the first Monday in October and in Canada in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in