Labour Day: Google gives Doodle salute to workers
Zee Media Bureau
Mountain View, California: Rated among the world’s best employers, search giant Google on Wednesday saluted workers` spirit by dedicating a Doodle on its homepage to mark International Workers` Day - celebrated every year on May 01.
There is also a helicopter hovering above the second `G` and a satellite dish, indicative of modern-day communication, perched on the `E`.
International Workers’ Day (also known as May Day) is a celebration of the international labour movement. May 1 is a national holiday in more than 80 countries and also celebrated unofficially in many other countries.
In Australia, Labour Day or Workers Day is celebrated in the first Monday in October and in Canada in December.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India