Labour Day: Google gives Doodle salute to workers
Zee Media Bureau
Mountain View, California: Rated among the world’s best employers, search giant Google on Wednesday saluted workers` spirit by dedicating a Doodle on its homepage to mark International Workers` Day - celebrated every year on May 01.
There is also a helicopter hovering above the second `G` and a satellite dish, indicative of modern-day communication, perched on the `E`.
International Workers’ Day (also known as May Day) is a celebration of the international labour movement. May 1 is a national holiday in more than 80 countries and also celebrated unofficially in many other countries.
In Australia, Labour Day or Workers Day is celebrated in the first Monday in October and in Canada in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager