Latest waves of cyber attacks targeting US corporations
Washington: A new wave of cyber attacks is being primarily aimed at American corporations, the sources of which seem to emanate from the Middle East.
The attackers` motive seems to be not just spying, but also sabotaging of control systems of energy companies.
The attackers are yet to be identified as to whether they are state sponsored or private hackers or criminals.
The intrusions are a matter of concern for American officials who hope that these attacks don`t lead to something big like the Saudi Aramco case, where 30,000 computers were affected last year, reports The New York Times.
Officials are yet to confirm whether Iran or some other Middle East country is behind these attacks.
The latest attacks are aimed at destroying data, manipulating industrial machinery or shutting down networks that deliver energy or industrial processes.
Homeland Security officials will release a warning about such attacks after analyzing the exact nature and level of intrusion in the industrial systems.
The Department of Homeland Security is already grappling with the problem of a lack of a cyber security force and exodus of top officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH