Linkedin acquires Newsle to bolster professional connectivity
Washington: Linkedin is set to acquire Newsle, an alerts service that will help the business-oriented social network to track users outside its website.
According to CNet, a joint statement released by the two companies stated that the new technology will improve Linkedin`s existing feature that alerts a user`s connections when they`re mentioned in news articles which in turn will improve the connectivity between professionals.
The acquisition is the latest on Linkedin`s list which has been spending generously on acquiring companies that can bolster its services and offer a better user-experience on the website. The last acquisition took place in February when Linkedin acquired Bright, a data-driven job search startup to bolster its job-search features.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers