LinkedIn bans prostitutes from networking
Sydney: Professional networking site LinkedIn`s user agreement has outlawed sex workers from using the platform for promoting escort services or prostitution.
LinkedIn has advised its 225 million members to view changes to its service terms and conditions on the site, News.com.au reports.
Prostitution and escort services promotions have become rarely discoverable since the agreement rules have explicitly `clarified` that even legal prostitution is not allowed on the site.
LinkedIn`s director of corporate communications Hani Durzy has urged community members to report any breach of the user agreement violation as he fears that lots of prostitution and escort service promotions are taking place on the site.
However, owner of several legal Nevada brothels Dennis Hof said that he is licensed for the business and many of his employees have LinkedIn accounts.
Editor-in-Chief of ReadWrite Owen Thomas said that the term `escorts` on LinkedIn prompts the user to search for terms such as female escorts, independent escorts, call girls, hot girls, adult entertainment, escort services and Dubai escorts.
While the site commits to `putting its members first`, IT Manager Paul Antturi said that using the site means the user has given up on all his rights (except to use the site) but retains all the risk that might result from the existence of the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP