LinkedIn launches `Intro` tool that shares career information on iPhone emails
Washington: LinkedIn has reportedly launched a new tool that shows professional information of users in emails being read on iPhones.
The `Intro` tool shares users` LinkedIn details so that the recipient can learn more about the sender`s career-related information.
According to CBS News, the information shared will be based on the privacy or visibility settings of the email sender, unless they grant broader access to the recipient via connection on the service.
The feature works with Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail and Apple Inc`s iCloud when any of them are plugged into the iPhone`s built-in email app.
The report said that LinkedIn plans to update the feature so it also works with Microsoft`s Outlook.com and Exchange email.
The technology used for the tool comes from LinkedIn`s year-old acquisition of Rapportive that had already been mining online social networks to include personal information in correspondence sent to Gmail accounts.
LinkedIn, which boasts of more than 238 million users, said that about 38 percent of the traffic to its networking services now comes through mobile devices and Intro is part of the company`s push to make its network indispensable on mobile devices, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog