LinkedIn launches `Intro` tool that shares career information on iPhone emails
Washington: LinkedIn has reportedly launched a new tool that shows professional information of users in emails being read on iPhones.
The `Intro` tool shares users` LinkedIn details so that the recipient can learn more about the sender`s career-related information.
According to CBS News, the information shared will be based on the privacy or visibility settings of the email sender, unless they grant broader access to the recipient via connection on the service.
The feature works with Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail and Apple Inc`s iCloud when any of them are plugged into the iPhone`s built-in email app.
The report said that LinkedIn plans to update the feature so it also works with Microsoft`s Outlook.com and Exchange email.
The technology used for the tool comes from LinkedIn`s year-old acquisition of Rapportive that had already been mining online social networks to include personal information in correspondence sent to Gmail accounts.
LinkedIn, which boasts of more than 238 million users, said that about 38 percent of the traffic to its networking services now comes through mobile devices and Intro is part of the company`s push to make its network indispensable on mobile devices, the report added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!