LinkedIn launches `Intro` tool that shares career information on iPhone emails
Washington: LinkedIn has reportedly launched a new tool that shows professional information of users in emails being read on iPhones.
The `Intro` tool shares users` LinkedIn details so that the recipient can learn more about the sender`s career-related information.
According to CBS News, the information shared will be based on the privacy or visibility settings of the email sender, unless they grant broader access to the recipient via connection on the service.
The feature works with Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail and Apple Inc`s iCloud when any of them are plugged into the iPhone`s built-in email app.
The report said that LinkedIn plans to update the feature so it also works with Microsoft`s Outlook.com and Exchange email.
The technology used for the tool comes from LinkedIn`s year-old acquisition of Rapportive that had already been mining online social networks to include personal information in correspondence sent to Gmail accounts.
LinkedIn, which boasts of more than 238 million users, said that about 38 percent of the traffic to its networking services now comes through mobile devices and Intro is part of the company`s push to make its network indispensable on mobile devices, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400