`Localised YouTube` still distant dream for Pakistan users
Islamabad: The promise of providing Pakistani users with a localized version of video site YouTube is reportedly unlikely to be delivered till 2015, as a result of slow implementation of the`prevention of electronic crimes bill`.
YouTube has long been banned in the Pakistani territory owing to the blasphemous content uploaded by an American filmmaker, which the site had refused to remove as it was against its policy.
However, Pakistan government and the site had together charted out a way out by introducing what could be called as a `localised` version of the site.
Since the `prevention of electronic crimes bill` that formed the bases of the negotiations between the government and Google-owned YouTube for the localized site, would become applicable in June 2014, YouTube can`t launch the site prior to that, The Nation reports.
According to the report, the prevention of electronic crimes bill does not just aim to facilitate YouTube, but otherwise as well was a requirement to take action against cyber crimes.
Sources said that until and unless the bill was applicable, no site was going to launch its localised version in the country and even if the bill is enacted in June and the site decides to launch a localised version, that is not going to happen before early 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming