Lockheed Martin thwarts "significant" cyber attack
Washington: Lockheed Martin, one the world`s largest aerospace companies, today said it had successfully thwarted "a significant and tenacious" attack on its sensitive information systems network.
"Lockheed Martin detected a significant and tenacious attack on its information systems network," the top US defence contractor said in statement.
Lockheed learned of the attack on May 21 and the company`s information security team quickly detected the attack and that no customer, programme or employee personal
data has been compromised, CNN reported.
It did not elaborate on the nature of the attack.
"Throughout the ongoing investigation, Lockheed Martin has continued to keep the appropriate U.S. government agencies informed of our actions," the statement said.
"The team continues to work around the clock to restore employee access to the network, while maintaining the highest level of security."
The Pentagon said it is working to establish the extent of the breach.
Lt Col April Cunningham, speaking for the US defence department, said the impact on the Pentagon was "minimal and we don`t expect any adverse effect".
Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin, which makes fighter jets, ships and other major weapons systems, is one the world`s largest aerospace companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video