Lockheed Martin thwarts "significant" cyber attack
Washington: Lockheed Martin, one the world`s largest aerospace companies, today said it had successfully thwarted "a significant and tenacious" attack on its sensitive information systems network.
"Lockheed Martin detected a significant and tenacious attack on its information systems network," the top US defence contractor said in statement.
Lockheed learned of the attack on May 21 and the company`s information security team quickly detected the attack and that no customer, programme or employee personal
data has been compromised, CNN reported.
It did not elaborate on the nature of the attack.
"Throughout the ongoing investigation, Lockheed Martin has continued to keep the appropriate U.S. government agencies informed of our actions," the statement said.
"The team continues to work around the clock to restore employee access to the network, while maintaining the highest level of security."
The Pentagon said it is working to establish the extent of the breach.
Lt Col April Cunningham, speaking for the US defence department, said the impact on the Pentagon was "minimal and we don`t expect any adverse effect".
Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin, which makes fighter jets, ships and other major weapons systems, is one the world`s largest aerospace companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic