Lockheed Martin thwarts "significant" cyber attack
Washington: Lockheed Martin, one the world`s largest aerospace companies, today said it had successfully thwarted "a significant and tenacious" attack on its sensitive information systems network.
"Lockheed Martin detected a significant and tenacious attack on its information systems network," the top US defence contractor said in statement.
Lockheed learned of the attack on May 21 and the company`s information security team quickly detected the attack and that no customer, programme or employee personal
data has been compromised, CNN reported.
It did not elaborate on the nature of the attack.
"Throughout the ongoing investigation, Lockheed Martin has continued to keep the appropriate U.S. government agencies informed of our actions," the statement said.
"The team continues to work around the clock to restore employee access to the network, while maintaining the highest level of security."
The Pentagon said it is working to establish the extent of the breach.
Lt Col April Cunningham, speaking for the US defence department, said the impact on the Pentagon was "minimal and we don`t expect any adverse effect".
Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin, which makes fighter jets, ships and other major weapons systems, is one the world`s largest aerospace companies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'