London 2012 closing ceremony: Google`s latest doodle
New Delhi: As 2012 London Games all set to end on August 12, the latest Google doodle depicts the closing ceremony of the prestigious Games. The closing ceremony scheduled for Sunday has been entitled as "A Symphony of British Music".
Ever since the sporting extravaganza started on July 27, internet giant Google presented doodles for all the major sporting events.
The ceremony`s pre-show will start at 1900 GMT (9:00p.m IST), with the main ceremony at 2000 GMT (10:00 pm IST), which is scheduled to last up to three hours.
The closing ceremony doodle depicts athletes holding the letters of the Google logo. The Olympic disciplines portrayed in the doodle are football, swimming, running/jumping, javelin throw, fencing, archery, and basketball.
Earlier, Google had celebrated London 2012 Olympics events like Pole Vault, Shot Put, Table Tennis, Hockey, Artistic Gymnastics Men`s Rings, Fencing, Diving, Archery, Synchronised Swimming and Javelin Throw with different doodle themes for every sport.
The opening ceremony of the biggest sporting event on July 27 was celebrated with a doodle depicting five athletes playing different Olympics sports.
Over 10,500 athletes from 204 countries participated in 302 events in 26 sports. India took part in 13 disciplines with a 142-member strong contingent, comprising 81 athletes and 36 coaches.
Notably, London has had the privilege to host the prestigious games thrice. The British capital had previously hosted the event in 1908 and 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf