London 2012 closing ceremony: Google`s latest doodle
New Delhi: As 2012 London Games all set to end on August 12, the latest Google doodle depicts the closing ceremony of the prestigious Games. The closing ceremony scheduled for Sunday has been entitled as "A Symphony of British Music".
Ever since the sporting extravaganza started on July 27, internet giant Google presented doodles for all the major sporting events.
The ceremony`s pre-show will start at 1900 GMT (9:00p.m IST), with the main ceremony at 2000 GMT (10:00 pm IST), which is scheduled to last up to three hours.
The closing ceremony doodle depicts athletes holding the letters of the Google logo. The Olympic disciplines portrayed in the doodle are football, swimming, running/jumping, javelin throw, fencing, archery, and basketball.
Earlier, Google had celebrated London 2012 Olympics events like Pole Vault, Shot Put, Table Tennis, Hockey, Artistic Gymnastics Men`s Rings, Fencing, Diving, Archery, Synchronised Swimming and Javelin Throw with different doodle themes for every sport.
The opening ceremony of the biggest sporting event on July 27 was celebrated with a doodle depicting five athletes playing different Olympics sports.
Over 10,500 athletes from 204 countries participated in 302 events in 26 sports. India took part in 13 disciplines with a 142-member strong contingent, comprising 81 athletes and 36 coaches.
Notably, London has had the privilege to host the prestigious games thrice. The British capital had previously hosted the event in 1908 and 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly