London 2012: Facebook launches special page for Olympics
London: Social networking site Facebook has launched an official London Olympics page -- Discover London 2012 -- for fans to connect with their favorite athletes and teams. The page has been launched to keep athletes organized online and makes it easier for fans to find and "like" their new (or old) favorites.
The online social network`s "Discover London 2012" page is a portal that connects users with the profile pages of hundreds of athletes, national teams, and official organizing bodies.
Fans can support and interact with swimmer Michael Phelps, basketball stars LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, and about 200 athletes already on the site. More will be added, Facebook says.
The company said today the London Olympics, which run from July 27 to August 12, will be the "first truly social Games" because so many can get involved online.
But a spokesman admitted that it would be impossible to get all countries up on the site. Team China, for example, is missing because Facebook is banned there.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges