London 2012: Facebook launches special page for Olympics
London: Social networking site Facebook has launched an official London Olympics page -- Discover London 2012 -- for fans to connect with their favorite athletes and teams. The page has been launched to keep athletes organized online and makes it easier for fans to find and "like" their new (or old) favorites.
The online social network`s "Discover London 2012" page is a portal that connects users with the profile pages of hundreds of athletes, national teams, and official organizing bodies.
Fans can support and interact with swimmer Michael Phelps, basketball stars LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, and about 200 athletes already on the site. More will be added, Facebook says.
The company said today the London Olympics, which run from July 27 to August 12, will be the "first truly social Games" because so many can get involved online.
But a spokesman admitted that it would be impossible to get all countries up on the site. Team China, for example, is missing because Facebook is banned there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened