London 2012 Javelin: The 11th Google Olympic doodle
New Delhi: As the world continues to celebrate the biggest sporting extravaganza, Google chose to feature London 2012 Javelin competition as its latest doodle on the homepage on Monday.
The doodle with a night theme has the spotlight on a male athlete preparing to throw the Javelin in front of a jam-packed stadium.
Google featured London 2012 Synchronised Swimming doodle, depicting a team of female synchronised swimmers performing a routine on the homepage on Sunday.
Saturday`s doodle was dedicated to London 2012 Pole Vault.
On Friday, the doodle was dedicated to the Shot Put.
On Thursday, Google welcomed its users with London 2012 Table Tennis doodle on the homepage of the sporting extravaganza.
On Wednesday, doodle featured a woman hockey player dribbling the hockey ball in a green turf with the Google logo in the background.
Google celebrated London 2012 artistic gymnastics men`s rings on Tuesday with the doodle depicting a male gymnast displaying his craft on rings.
Google honoured London 2012 Fencing with the doodle showing two fencers - one in attack mode and the other player in defense mode - with the letter ‘L’ from the Google’s logo shown as one of the bladed weapons being used by the latter on 30th June.
On 29th June, the doodle was dedicated for the London 2012 diving which showed a female diver taking position to take a back-flip into the pool with Google’s logo forming inside the pool.
The first day of the event featured London 2012 archery doodle with the illustration showing a girl archer aiming on a green field, reminiscent of the historic Lord’s cricket ground where the archery events of the Summer Games are being held.
The opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics on July 27 was celebrated with the doodle depicting five athletes playing different Olympics sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users