London 2012 Pole Vault is Google`s new doodle
New Delhi: As Google continued to celebrate the Olympics with its new doodle, today’s theme is on London 2012 Pole Vault, which is also the ninth day of the biggest sporting event. The doodle illustrates a woman athlete performing a jump at the London 2012 Pole Vault event. The London 2012 Pole Vault event will take place on the 8th of August 2012 to the 10th of August 2012.
Yesterday, Google dedicated the doodle to London 2012 Shot Put.
On Thursday, Google welcomed its users with London 2012 Table Tennis doodle on the homepage of the sporting extravaganza.
On Wednesday, doodle featured a woman hockey player dribbling the hockey ball in a green turf with the Google logo in the background.
Google had celebrated London 2012 artistic gymnastics men`s rings on Tuesday with the doodle depicting a male gymnast displaying his craft on rings.
On Monday, Google honoured London 2012 Fencing with the doodle showing two fencers - one in attack mode and the other player in defense mode - with the letter ‘L’ from the Google’s logo shown as one of the bladed weapons being used by the latter.
On Sunday, the doodle was dedicated for the London 2012 diving which showed a female diver taking position to take a back-flip into the pool with Google’s logo forming inside the pool.
On Saturday, Google doodle represented the London 2012 archery. The doodle depicted a girl archer aiming on a green field, reminiscent of the historic Lord’s cricket ground where the archery events of the Summer Games are being held.
The opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics on July 27 was celebrated with the doodle depicting five athletes playing different Olympics sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra