London 2012 synchronised swimming: The 10th Google doodle of its kind
New Delhi: As Google continues to celebrate the Summer Olympics with its doodles, the theme of Sunday - the tenth day of the sporting extravaganza - is London 2012 Synchronised Swimming.
The doodle depicts a team of female synchronised swimmers performing a routine. The Women`s Duet events will begin from today till the 7th of August and Women`s Team events will be held on the 9th & 10th of August.
Yesterday, Google dedicated the doodle to London 2012 Pole Vault.
On Friday, the doodle was dedicated to the Shot Put.
On Thursday, Google welcomed its users with London 2012 Table Tennis doodle on the homepage of the sporting extravaganza.
On Wednesday, doodle featured a woman hockey player dribbling the hockey ball in a green turf with the Google logo in the background.
Google had celebrated London 2012 artistic gymnastics men`s rings on Tuesday with the doodle depicting a male gymnast displaying his craft on rings.
On Monday, Google honoured London 2012 Fencing with the doodle showing two fencers - one in attack mode and the other player in defense mode - with the letter ‘L’ from the Google’s logo shown as one of the bladed weapons being used by the latter.
On Sunday, the doodle was dedicated for the London 2012 diving which showed a female diver taking position to take a back-flip into the pool with Google’s logo forming inside the pool.
On Saturday, Google doodle represented the London 2012 archery. The doodle depicted a girl archer aiming on a green field, reminiscent of the historic Lord’s cricket ground where the archery events of the Summer Games are being held.
The opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics on July 27 was celebrated with the doodle depicting five athletes playing different Olympics sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day