Looking for love online? Log in at 8.52 pm tonight!
London: For those who are single and in search of love, 8.52 pm tonight will be the best time this year to find a date online, research has found.
Researchers believe people looking for a date will have the best chance of finding someone compatible shortly before 9 pm as the number of people logging on to internet dating sites peaks.
They believe a combination of back to work blues and New Year`s resolutions to find a partner will send millions of people to online dating sites, the `Daily Mail` reported.
It will conclude what is traditionally the busiest week of the year for online dating.
On match.Com alone, interactions between members over the past seven days were 11 percent higher than average.
In January, an estimated 3.2 million people will go online in search of a date.
"It`s the time of year when we vow to eat more healthily, exercise more frequently and budget better," Kate Taylor, resident relationship expert at match.Com, said.
"As the Christmas festivities calm down and we re-evaluate our lives, it`s little wonder that looking for a partner will top the list of New Year priorities for many single people," Taylor added.
"If you make sure you`re online during the busiest time of the whole year you`ll have an even better chance of meeting someone special," Taylor said.
Match.Com found that financial security, work performance, family relationships and body confidence improved when people are in a relationship.
Internet dating is now the third most popular way to meet a partner in Britain, along with meeting someone at work, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre