LulzSec hacker group says Internet rampage over
San Francisco: Lulz Security hacker group has said that it has ended an Internet rampage that included cyberattacks on videogame companies, police and even the CIA`s website.
"For the past 50 days, we`ve been disrupting and exposing corporations, governments, often the general population itself, and quite possibly everything in between, just because we could," the group said in a message uploaded to The Pirate Bay file sharing website.
"It is time to say bon voyage," the message concluded. "We must now sail into the distance."
The Lulz farewell contended that the group had a crew of six people and implied the plan from the outset was for the hacking campaign to last 50 days.
While it remained to be seen whether members of the group would truly stop bedeviling the Internet, it was unlikely police would abandon efforts to track them down.
Lulz Security has claimed responsibility for hacking the websites of the Central Intelligence Agency, US Senate, Sony and others.
On Thursday, the group released hundreds of documents from the Arizona Department of Public Safety in its latest cyberattack.
Lulz Security, or LulzSec, provided a link to the more than 700 documents on its website, LulzSecurity.com.
The group said it was protesting Arizona`s immigration laws.
The documents included information on drug cartels, street gangs, informants, border patrol operations and the names and addresses of members of the Arizona Highway Patrol.
Lulz Security said in a message at the time that it planned to release more classified police or military documents weekly.
"Behind the mask, behind the insanity and mayhem, we truly believe in the AntiSec (anti-computer security) movement," Lulz Security said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter