`Made `every mistake` in creating Facebook`
Wellington: At the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg admitted that he made ‘every mistake’ he could make while creating the social networking site.
Zuckerberg was pressed on the social network`s past failings by moderator John Battelle.
"There’s something about Facebook ... which is that it sort of doesn’t ask for permission, it asks for forgiveness," a website quoted Battelle as saying.
"That seems to be a Facebook trait: that (you will) keep pushing that envelope until ‘Oops, sorry’. Is that an intentional point of view?"
Zuckerberg didn’t respond until he was later asked by an audience member to explain how he had dealt with past failings.
He said that users’ love of Facebook meant he was allowed to make mistakes.
"I think I’ve made so many mistakes in running the company so far," Zuckerberg said.
"Basically, any mistake that you think you can make I’ve probably made or will make in the next few years.
"But, I don’t know, I think, if anything, the Facebook story is a great example of how if you’re building a product that people love you can make a lot of mistakes.
"I just think that the lesson for other folks… is focus on building something that people really like and that’s very valuable," he added.
He said one of the company’s board members "used to say “There are 100 problems that you have to deal with right now but only one of two of them probably really matter. So just ignore the rest and put all your effort in the couple of things that really matter”.
"And I just think that for almost any industry or product that you’re in it’s just all about building products that people like. If you do that you can do so much other stuff wrong and like learn from that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3