Majority say their firms implementing cloud services: Survey
New Delhi: As cloud computing is changing the way IT solutions are delivered, majority of professionals say their organisations are planning to implement or working on a cloud-related initiative in the next 12 months, a survey by virtualisation solutions firm VMware said today.
VMware`s fourth annual Cloud Index study, conducted by Forrester Research across 12 Asia Pacific countries including India, reveals that 89 per cent of the respondents covered in India believe Cloud Computing is relevant to their firms.
"Nearly 8 of every 10 (79 per cent) respondents in India say they currently have a cloud-related initiative in place within the organisation or are planning to implement cloud or `as-a-service` approach, in the next 12 months," the study said.
The study added that nearly 9 of every 10 (89 per cent) respondents in India believe Cloud Computing or `as-a-service` approach, is relevant to their organisations.
An interesting trend according to the VMware Cloud Index 2013 is that Indian organisations are turning to IT to help them grow the business in the current economic environment.
IT is seen as a change enabler and source of business value for organisations by 85 per cent of the respondents, it added.
In terms of the top business priorities in India over the next 12 months, the study said 87 per cent of the IT decision makers put improving the quality and capabilities of their products and 85 per cent pointed to addressing the rising expectations of customers and improving customer satisfaction.
The study also shows that the current perception of IT remains positive in India with 63 per cent of respondents noting that the perceived credibility, influence and power of the CIO in their organisation is increasing.
"Business priorities are clearly shifting at a time when optimism is slowly returning to the Indian economy," VMware India Managing Director T Srinivasan said.
Continued investment and innovation in end-user computing by companies like VMware, are helping IT organisations free the desktop, redefine the corporate workspace and embrace a new way of working in the mobile cloud era, Srinivasan said.
While, 71 per cent of IT decision makers are concerned about end users accessing corporate systems and applications from mobile devices, 73 per cent believe their organisations are able to keep up with the end user computing needs of their employees, it said.
"In fact, 65 per cent claim to already having a formal strategy in place for supporting end user computing, clearly showing that Indian businesses are acting to cater to the needs of the new age worker," the survey added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened