Male and white workers dominate jobs at Twitter
New York: Male and white workers occupy most of the tech and leadership jobs at Twitter, the microblogging site has acknowledged.
Releasing the demographic make-up of its workers Wednesday, Twitter said that men account for 70 percent of employees and 90 percent of its tech staff.
While 59 percent of the company’s employees are white, only 12 percent identify as something other than white or Asian.
“Only 21 percent of the leadership is female and a whopping 96 percent of employees at that level are either white or Asian,” according to the data posted on Twitter’s blog by Janet Van Huysse, vice president of diversity of inclusion at the firm.
Hispanic employees and those who identify as having two or more races make up three percent each.
Twitter’s non-tech roles similarly lack racial diversity. Here, 83 percent are white or Asian (mostly white).
In leadership roles, non-Asian minorities hold only four percent of positions, the data revealed.
Twitter is not the only company with a diversity problem.
Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, and Google have all reported similar statistics earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report