Male and white workers dominate jobs at Twitter
New York: Male and white workers occupy most of the tech and leadership jobs at Twitter, the microblogging site has acknowledged.
Releasing the demographic make-up of its workers Wednesday, Twitter said that men account for 70 percent of employees and 90 percent of its tech staff.
While 59 percent of the company’s employees are white, only 12 percent identify as something other than white or Asian.
“Only 21 percent of the leadership is female and a whopping 96 percent of employees at that level are either white or Asian,” according to the data posted on Twitter’s blog by Janet Van Huysse, vice president of diversity of inclusion at the firm.
Hispanic employees and those who identify as having two or more races make up three percent each.
Twitter’s non-tech roles similarly lack racial diversity. Here, 83 percent are white or Asian (mostly white).
In leadership roles, non-Asian minorities hold only four percent of positions, the data revealed.
Twitter is not the only company with a diversity problem.
Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, and Google have all reported similar statistics earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA