Many govt websites down due to glitch in NIC serve
New Delhi: Websites of various ministries and state-run departments are down since late morning today due to a technical glitch in the server of NIC, the agency which handles IT functions of the government.
"There was a UPS (interruptible power supply) failure at 1130 hours (at NIC control room) and the sites will be restored within a few hours of the failure," Department of Information Technology Secretary J Satyanarayana said.
Some websites like finmin.Nic.In and pib.Nic.In have since been restored.
National Informatics Centre (NIC), established in 1976, to provide e-government and e-governance solutions adopting best practices, integrated services and global solutions in the government sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt