Many govt websites down due to glitch in NIC serve
New Delhi: Websites of various ministries and state-run departments are down since late morning today due to a technical glitch in the server of NIC, the agency which handles IT functions of the government.
"There was a UPS (interruptible power supply) failure at 1130 hours (at NIC control room) and the sites will be restored within a few hours of the failure," Department of Information Technology Secretary J Satyanarayana said.
Some websites like finmin.Nic.In and pib.Nic.In have since been restored.
National Informatics Centre (NIC), established in 1976, to provide e-government and e-governance solutions adopting best practices, integrated services and global solutions in the government sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama