Mark Zuckerberg forming political group to address immigration issues
Washington: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
The person familiar with the issue said the group will formally launch in the coming weeks.
According to Fox News, Zuckerberg, 28, has already used his Facebook wealth to address political issues close to him. He donated 100 million dollars of Facebook stock to Newark, N.J., schools.
He also has announced plans to donate nearly 500 million dollars in stock to a Silicon Valley charity to fund health and education issues.
In February he hosted a campaign event in his Palo Alto, California, home for New Jersey Governor Chris Christie , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'