Mark Zuckerberg forming political group to address immigration issues
Washington: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
The person familiar with the issue said the group will formally launch in the coming weeks.
According to Fox News, Zuckerberg, 28, has already used his Facebook wealth to address political issues close to him. He donated 100 million dollars of Facebook stock to Newark, N.J., schools.
He also has announced plans to donate nearly 500 million dollars in stock to a Silicon Valley charity to fund health and education issues.
In February he hosted a campaign event in his Palo Alto, California, home for New Jersey Governor Chris Christie , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka