Mark Zuckerberg forming political group to address immigration issues
Washington: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
The person familiar with the issue said the group will formally launch in the coming weeks.
According to Fox News, Zuckerberg, 28, has already used his Facebook wealth to address political issues close to him. He donated 100 million dollars of Facebook stock to Newark, N.J., schools.
He also has announced plans to donate nearly 500 million dollars in stock to a Silicon Valley charity to fund health and education issues.
In February he hosted a campaign event in his Palo Alto, California, home for New Jersey Governor Chris Christie , the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India