Mark Zuckerberg world’s 29th richest person after Facebook’s IPO
Washington: Mark Zuckerberg, who is now worth 19.1 billion dollars, has now become the 29th richest in the world after Facebook Inc. sold 421.2 million shares valued for 38 dollars each on Thursday.
Zuckerberg, who first showed up on Forbes’ billionaires list in 2008 with an estimated net worth of 1.5 billion dollars, is now richer than Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Bloomberg reports.
However, he’s not quite as wealthy as Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who is worth 60.4 billion dollars, or Oracle’s Larry Ellison, who is worth 34.2 billion dollars, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, LA Times reported.
For that matter, Zuckerberg is also worth less than Michael Bloomberg himself, who Forbes estimates is worth 22 billion dollars.
Of course, Zuckerberg isn’t the only person seeing a huge windfall from Facebook’s 104.2-billion-dollar valuation.
According to Bloomberg, Dustin Moskovitz, who roomed with Zuckerberg at Harvard and was the company’s first chief technology officer, is now worth 5.1 billion dollars.
Eduardo Saverin, who has created headlines this week when it was revealed that he renounced his U.S. citizenship, is now worth an estimated 2.7 billion dollars.
Christopher Hughes, who recently bought theWashington, D.C.-based magazine the New Republic, may now be worth 836 million dollars.
Additionally, Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg, 42, who owns 27 million shares -- including 25 million in restricted stock units -- is now a billionaire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family