Mark Zuckerberg`s immigration advocacy group loses high-profile backers
Washington: Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg`s immigration advocacy group is loosing some high-profile backers, including billionaire eco-entrepreneur Elon Musk, upset over its controversial political strategy.
In a statement to AllThingsD on Friday, Musk, the founder of the electric carmaker Tesla Motors, made clear he was unhappy with the pro-oil ads.
Musk said that he agreed to support the group because there is a genuine need to reform immigration, adding that this should however not be done at the expense of other important causes.
Fwd.us told The Huffington Post that a second funder also had decided to withdraw.
Several media outlets have reported that David Sacks, founder of the business networking site Yammer and a former colleague of Musk`s, has also withdrawn his name from the list of the group`s supporters.
According to the report, Zuckerberg started Fwd.us to press for comprehensive immigration reform, but the group has been heavily criticized by some immigration reform supporters in recent weeks for its television ad campaign praising lawmakers for backing projects like the Keystone XL pipeline and drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Fwd.us has argued that the ads were meant to give home district support to lawmakers backing immigration reform, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery