Mary Leakey honoured with Google doodle on her 100th birthday
Zeenews Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: British archeologist Mary Leakey has been honoured by Google on her 100th birth anniversary with a doodle depicting her discovery of the Laetoli footprints.
Mary Leakey was born in London, England on February 6, 1913. Her interest in archeology began at the age of 12 when she visited an excavation site in Les Eyzies. She began collecting points, scrapers, and blades from the site and developed her first system of classification.
Mary Leakey is credited with discovering the first fossilized Proconsul skull, Zinjanthropus skull, and many other hominine fossils and tools.
She died at the age of 83 in 1996.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'