Mary Leakey honoured with Google doodle on her 100th birthday
Zeenews Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: British archeologist Mary Leakey has been honoured by Google on her 100th birth anniversary with a doodle depicting her discovery of the Laetoli footprints.
Mary Leakey was born in London, England on February 6, 1913. Her interest in archeology began at the age of 12 when she visited an excavation site in Les Eyzies. She began collecting points, scrapers, and blades from the site and developed her first system of classification.
Mary Leakey is credited with discovering the first fossilized Proconsul skull, Zinjanthropus skull, and many other hominine fossils and tools.
She died at the age of 83 in 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!