Media messed up Twitter: Ashton Kutcher
Washington: Actor and tech investor Ashton Kutcher has claimed that the media has messed up Twitter.
He was giving his views on the mobile industry and social networking at CTIA 2013.
Kutcher, who has invested in startups such as Air BnB, Path and Square, besides other mobile apps and services, said his experience on social networking sites has taken a negative turn.
Earlier, what used to be a personalized experience for the actor to share has now turned into the selling of unwanted stuff, reports Fox News.
Kutcher said that when he first started using Twitter, he felt it to be democratisation of the media. It was only when Twitter launched the retweet button to make retweeting easier, that he felt it created a lot of noise in the system and hurt the experience.
Kutcher further said that the microblogging site would become more valuable if it would integrate itself with intelligent objects such as buses and coffee makers and can tweet you when the next bus is scheduled to arrive or when the coffee is done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur