Media messed up Twitter: Ashton Kutcher
Washington: Actor and tech investor Ashton Kutcher has claimed that the media has messed up Twitter.
He was giving his views on the mobile industry and social networking at CTIA 2013.
Kutcher, who has invested in startups such as Air BnB, Path and Square, besides other mobile apps and services, said his experience on social networking sites has taken a negative turn.
Earlier, what used to be a personalized experience for the actor to share has now turned into the selling of unwanted stuff, reports Fox News.
Kutcher said that when he first started using Twitter, he felt it to be democratisation of the media. It was only when Twitter launched the retweet button to make retweeting easier, that he felt it created a lot of noise in the system and hurt the experience.
Kutcher further said that the microblogging site would become more valuable if it would integrate itself with intelligent objects such as buses and coffee makers and can tweet you when the next bus is scheduled to arrive or when the coffee is done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?