Media messed up Twitter: Ashton Kutcher
Washington: Actor and tech investor Ashton Kutcher has claimed that the media has messed up Twitter.
He was giving his views on the mobile industry and social networking at CTIA 2013.
Kutcher, who has invested in startups such as Air BnB, Path and Square, besides other mobile apps and services, said his experience on social networking sites has taken a negative turn.
Earlier, what used to be a personalized experience for the actor to share has now turned into the selling of unwanted stuff, reports Fox News.
Kutcher said that when he first started using Twitter, he felt it to be democratisation of the media. It was only when Twitter launched the retweet button to make retweeting easier, that he felt it created a lot of noise in the system and hurt the experience.
Kutcher further said that the microblogging site would become more valuable if it would integrate itself with intelligent objects such as buses and coffee makers and can tweet you when the next bus is scheduled to arrive or when the coffee is done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!