Media messed up Twitter: Ashton Kutcher
Washington: Actor and tech investor Ashton Kutcher has claimed that the media has messed up Twitter.
He was giving his views on the mobile industry and social networking at CTIA 2013.
Kutcher, who has invested in startups such as Air BnB, Path and Square, besides other mobile apps and services, said his experience on social networking sites has taken a negative turn.
Earlier, what used to be a personalized experience for the actor to share has now turned into the selling of unwanted stuff, reports Fox News.
Kutcher said that when he first started using Twitter, he felt it to be democratisation of the media. It was only when Twitter launched the retweet button to make retweeting easier, that he felt it created a lot of noise in the system and hurt the experience.
Kutcher further said that the microblogging site would become more valuable if it would integrate itself with intelligent objects such as buses and coffee makers and can tweet you when the next bus is scheduled to arrive or when the coffee is done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?